- Internships are designed to provide professional development and real-world experience in public affairs and communications.
- Assignments vary but will include online research relating to clients and client issues, drafting press releases, materials and letters to elected officials, gathering information on target organizations, proofreading, and assisting with logistics for events.
- Opportunities to participate in company meetings and events.
- Schedule is flexible, though full-days are preferred to half-days
- Commitment for a minimum of one semester
- Currently pursuing BA/BS degree (minimum of Sophomore standing)
- Excellent written communication and research skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Prior political experience preferred
- Prior interaction with media preferred
Interested Candidates Should Possess
- Exceptional listening skills, realizing the importance of thoroughly understanding an assignment and effectively completing each task in a timely fashion
- Maturity, professionalism, and patience
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
About the Firm
HCG is a full-service public affairs firm specializing in delivering measurable results that advance the strategic imperatives of our clients. We are a well-networked bi-partisan firm with staff that has worked on both Democratic and Republican Presidential election campaigns and on races for both parties in states across the country. Areas of expertise include grassroots mobilization, third-party outreach and coalition building, crisis communications, media training, media and branding. We are also seasoned event planners and have been instrumental in executing events nationwide.
Send cover letter, resume, and a one-page writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org