Raise patient awareness of programs available to help pay for their prescription medicines. HCG worked with PhRMA on the launch and follow-up events for the Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA), a nationwide program that helps patients get the prescription medicine they need for free or nearly free.
Strategy and Tactics
To generate awareness and credibility for the PPA program, HCG developed and implemented a multi-track strategy that included:
- Organizing a multi-state bus tour to generate earned media coverage for the program launch
- Working with our large network of contacts to develop state-by-state coalitions of partner organizations in multiple target states
- Staging numerous enrollment and earned media events with partners who were joined at times by PPA spokesman Montel Williams
- Educating media, local institutions and community leaders market-by-market on the benefits of the programs
- Creating and distributing educational materials
All components of our strategy were executed with great success. The PPA program has connected more than 6 million patients with programs providing prescription drugs for free or nearly free. HCG has coordinated dozens of successful enrollment events in multiple states and recruited almost 200 state partner organizations. The PPA program has helped generate goodwill between PhRMA and patient and disease groups while also providing positive media attention for the industry.
What Clients Say About HCG
"Howard Consulting Group has delivered results for PhRMA for years. They are strategic thinkers who understand how to create and execute a strategy and we value them as a partner."
--Wes Metheny, Senior Vice President, PhRMA