Promote and amplify the American Society of Engineers (ASCE) Maryland Section Infrastructure Report Card to media covering the Maryland legislature.
Strategy and Tactics
HCG developed and implemented a comprehensive strategy that included:
- Building a coalition of key lawmakers
- Securing noteworthy speakers to help present the findings and discuss Maryland's aging infrastructure
- Staging and scripting a press conference on the capitol campus in Annapolis drawing key lawmakers and staff, media
- One on one outreach to transportation and government reporters in Maryland and Washington D.C. media markets
- Social media engagement
- Placement in key Maryland and Washington, D.C. calendars and daybooks to generate interest
The event was covered by the Baltimore Sun, WUSA 9 (CBS Washington), Maryland Public Television, Maryland Daily Record, the Gazette Newspapers, Maryland Reporter and more. The event was attended by state lawmakers including leadership and their staff. The report card event reached over 45,000 followers on Twitter.
What Clients Say About HCG
"HCG was a terrific partner to help us amplify the importance of addressing infrastructure issues in Maryland. The earned media generated by our event got the attention of influentials in Annapolis and allowed us to share our important report card findings with Marylanders across the state."
--Frank Kaul, President, American Society of Engineers Maryland Section