24 Hours of Booty, the official 24-hour ride of the LIVESTRONG, enlisted HCG to raise the profile of the 24 Hours of Booty Columbia, MD, event.
Strategy and Tactics
HCG developed and implemented a comprehensive media strategy that included:
- Promoting event to Baltimore and Washington, D.C. based media and cycling clubs
- Arranging public service announcements on local radio stations
- Booking interviews for surrogates on television news and entertainment programs
- Placement in popular Baltimore and Washington, D.C. daybooks and calendars
- Working with biking and health care opinion leaders on Capitol Hill to promote and raise awareness for the event
The 24 Hours of Booty Columbia charity event garnered attention in regional media outlets including the Baltimore Sun, Howard County Times, The Hill, Fox 45 WBFF Baltimore, and ABC 2 WMAR Baltimore. The event was well attended and, along with the Charlotte and Atlanta events, helped to raise over $1.5 million in 2010 for cancer charities including the LIVESTRONG and the Ulman Cancer Fund for Young Adults.
What Clients Say About HCG
"Frank and his team have been great partners and their efforts are helping us grow our presence in the Washington and Baltimore Regions as we work to fight cancer."
--Basil Lyberg, Executive Director, 24 Hours of Booty